| Learn a New Salsa Routine & how to perform Salsa.
|• Learn about how to perform through a new salsa team routine which will develop your Salsa tremendously! Train with some of the best salsa dancers in NZ
to learn to perform & how to execute complex turn patterns, performance tricks, how to relate to Salsa music and learn a brand new Salsa routine.
• There's no auditioning needed, unlike our other team Salsa Sabrosa, so just turn up, have fun & learn.
• There's no pressure. No need to perform, but you can when you're ready or choose to.
• Great Entry level into learning the skills of performing without the same commitment or stress as a full performance team.
Learn the tips and tricks, big moves 'arials' that we don't teach in our normal salsa classes. Improve your fitness and confidence.
• Get trained to a high standard Faster. You will look great on the social dancer floor and performing. Some of the Salsa Latina's teams will also be participating so you will learn faster.
• When the course finishes you can choose to carry on and possibly perform with Salsa Latina's Newest Salsa team called "Salsa Nueva". This can also be taken further to help when you audition for our Competition Performance Team called "Salsa Sabrosa".
| Level: Impover & Intermediate level ...& beyond.
You'll need to be in the improver level or above to join this course, or if you are a beginner we encourage you to learn fast via private lessons to get up to speed.. more about levels>
• Can I join any time? You'll want to join in the first few weeks as each week is progressive. Can I still join after it starts? It's possible to still join but you may need private lessons to catch up, depending on how far from the start date.
• Do I need to be there every week? ideally you do as we teach sections of a routine each week, but if you miss the odd one it shouldn't be to much of an issue.
• How is it run? We will be running these as we would run a normal salsa class.
• Can I use tricks any time? No, You will learn 'performance moves' such as neck-drops, slides and lifts are for performing and are not meant to be used for social dancing. Many Salsa venues ban these sorts of things on social floors as they are meant for performing only. But if you're performing or competiting then you can of course.
Normal Salsa Class costs at Salsa Latina - see price here >
(concession cards can also be used)
• Social dancing. Consider this an important part of your training. We are after good leaders and followers, this is the best way to get experience.
• Listen to salsa music in your own time. It helps with timing & you will gain more appreciation for this fantastic music. It will show in your dancing too!
• Practice in you own time, it makes all the difference - even if its a minute a day! We will also have slots opening for extra practice times once the second studio is open. Usually you'll want to practice 2hrs for every hour you learn to get the most benefit.
• Keep up with regular classes, the most important is the Improver level. Mastering this level will boost your dancing & help your technique & partnering skills. Highly recommended to do this level more than once.
|Salsa Latina Achievements
• Reuben & Marcela 2011 South Island (1st) Prof Champions
• Reuben & Marcela 2011 Professional section came 2nd in New Zealand @ New Zealand National Competition.
• Salsa Sabrosa 2nd place in Salsa teams SI Comps 2011
• Salsa Revolution 1st place in Latin teams SI Comps 2011
• Salsa Revolution 3rd place in Latin teams NZ Champs 2011
• Tommy & Raquel 2nd Amateur Beginners NZ Champs 2011
• Mia & Stephen 1st Freestyle Open SI Comps 2011
• Mia & Stephen 2nd Amateur Advanced NZ Champs 2011
• Andrei & Robyn 2nd Freestyle Open SI Comps 2011
• Scott & Amy 3rd Freestyle Beginners SI Comps 2011
• Performed in NZ Pacific Salsa Congress 2011
• Performed in The Sydney Salsa Congress 2010
• Reuben - Judge for New Zealand National Competitions 2010, 2009, & 2005
• NZ representatives for the Sydney Salsa Congress 2010
• Jeremy & Mia 1st NZ Natonal Salsa Comps Beginners in 2010
• Jeremy & Mia 1st South Island Comps "under 1 year" 2010
• Hamish & Robyn 2nd Int Level NZ Nationals 2010
• Ronald & Alma 3rd Int Level NZ Nationals 2010
• Jorja & Lisa 3rd South Island Salsa Comps Pro section 2010
• Hamish & Robyn 3rd South Island Comps Open Freestyle 2010
• Salsa Revolution Girls team Selected to Rep NZ 2011
• Salsa Revolution Girls team SI Comps Shines winner 2010
• Paul & Sonia 2nd NZ Natonal Salsa Comps Amateur 2009
• Paul & Sonia 3rd South Island Comps Pro Section 2009
• Hamish & Robyn 2nd South Island Comps Advanced 2009
• 2nd in the South Island Competition 2008.
• Paul & Sonia 2008 SI "Under 1 Year" Salsa Champions
• Reuben & Vikki 2007-2009 Professional section came 2nd in New Zealand @ New Zealand National Competition.
• Reuben & Vikki 2007 South Island (1st) Prof Champions
..... plus many more....