✪ Start Date:13th March 2016
✪ Time/Day: Sundays 3:00pm ✪ Course Length: 8 weeks, then continues to a team ✪ Free 1st Class: on this start date only
This course will start as a peformance course where you will learn a routine, then you can potentially progress into one of our Salsa teams "Salsa Sabrosa"
Can I still join after it starts?
Yes, it's possible to still join but you may need private lessons to catch up. For more chances to join new courses make sure you're on the email newsletter.
Learn a New Salsa Routine & how to perform Salsa.
✪ Learn about how to perform through a new salsa team routine which will develop your Salsa tremendously! Train with some of the best salsa dancers in NZ
to learn to perform & how to execute complex turn patterns, performance tricks, how to relate to Salsa music and learn a brand new Salsa routine. ✪ There's no auditioning needed, just turn up, have fun & learn. ✪ There's no pressure. No need to perform, but you can when you're ready or choose to. ✪ Great Entry level into learning the skills of performing without the same commitment or stress as a full performance team. ✪ Learn the tips and tricks, big moves 'arials' that we don't teach in our normal salsa classes. Improve your fitness and confidence. ✪ Get trained to a high standard Faster. You will look great on the social dancer floor and performing. Some of the Salsa Latina's teams will also be participating so you will learn faster. ✪ When the course finishes you can choose to carry on and possibly perform with Salsa Latina's Salsa team called "Salsa Sabrosa". This can also be taken further to help when you audition for other teams
Impover & Intermediate level ...& beyond.
You'll need to be in the improver level or above to join this course, or if you are a beginner we encourage you to learn fast via private lessons to get up to speed.. more about levels>
FAQ's ✪ Can I join any time? You'll want to join in the first few weeks as each week is progressive. Can I still join after it starts? It's possible to still join but you may need private lessons to catch up, depending on how far from the start date. ✪ Do I need to be there every week? ideally you do as we teach sections of a routine each week, but if you miss the odd one it shouldn't be to much of an issue. ✪ How is it run? We will be running these as we would run a normal salsa class. ✪ Can I use tricks any time? No, You will learn 'performance moves' such as neck-drops, slides and lifts are for performing and are not meant to be used for social dancing. Many Salsa venues ban these sorts of things on social floors as they are meant for performing only. But if you're performing or competiting then you can of course.
Prices: • Free 1st Class, in Beginners 1st 2 weeks only... details >
• Salsa Latina Concession cards encouraged for saving
- Concession Card & Casual Rates $11-$15... pricing here >
• No Contracts, No joining fees, Pay-as-you-go
• N.B. No Eftpos available at Salsa Latina but avail in the Mall
• Social dancing. Consider this an important part of your training. We are after good leaders and followers, this is the best way to get experience. • Listen to salsa music in your own time. It helps with timing & you will gain more appreciation for this fantastic music. It will show in your dancing too! • Practice in you own time, it makes all the difference - even if its a minute a day! We will also have slots opening for extra practice times once the second studio is open. Usually you'll want to practice 2hrs for every hour you learn to get the most benefit. • Keep up with regular classes, the most important is the Improver level. Mastering this level will boost your dancing & help your technique & partnering skills. Highly recommended to do this level more than once.