Time & Dates Every Thursday 8:30pm - 1am FREE Entry all night & everyone is welcome at any
Schedule: - 11:00am Doors Open, Latin Music playing all hours
- 6:00pm Come in and Dine
- 8:30pm Dance Floor clear to dance on, warm up with quieter music.
- 8:45pm Slower quieter sensual part of the dance night with Bachata, Zouk & Kizomba
- 9:45pm DJR Full Volume with Full mix of Latin dance styles to dance to; Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Merengue etc..
Social Dance Nights:
Totally Fun filled & Hot. Drink and dance the night away in the amazing South American bar Casa Publica!.
Every Thursday there's a Salsa night. Come down and have a look, a drink, Dine and have a dance! It's the most popular Salsa weekly event. Anyone can come, this night is for everybody at all levels, dancers and non-dancers.
DJ-R from Salsa Latina Catering for all dance styles: Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Merengue, Cha Cha etc
- Please do support the night by buying a drink or food!
- Come and dine before you dance, spend a great night of wonderful food, drink & dancing, you can even watch people dance downstairs while you eat!
Goldi Card for Salsa Dancers:
Sign up to the Goldi card and receive 50cents of any tap beer, house wine and house spirits. Accrue 7.5% back in points on any beverage purchase at Casa Publica. You can sign up when you come to Casa Publica, just mention you dance Salsa/Latin Dance. The Goldi card points can be used at Casa Publica, The Carlton and Coasters Tavern.
FAQ's: • Is there any Free Lessons? No not at this bar, but do join in anyway. We do recommend joining our beginner classes during the week at our Studio at Salsa Latina. • I'm a beginner dancer, should I come? absolutely, its the fastest way to learn when mixing social dancing with regular Salsa classes you'll learn up 10 times faster. It's like practice on steroids!e. • Can I bring my friends? Yes everyone is welcome incuding non-dancers. • Can I come earlier? Yes this is an open restaurant & bar, infact we enacourage you to come try the amazing food at Casa Publica.... everyone is welcome any time.
Tips & Safetly Tips for Social Dancing
• To get a dance with someone, it recommended to stand near the edge of dance floor to get the best results. Find that sweet spot where everyone tends to get asked. If you sit down you probably will find it hard to get a dance. There is whole articles written on this subject, see our articles pages on this website or search online.
• The floor is for dancing. Walk around the edge of
the dance floor rather than trying to thread your way through
the dancers causing accidents.
• Don't take drinks onto the dance floor incase you spill a drink, dancers
soles tend to absorb fluids and then they can't dance.
• Take off sharp rings, bracelets, hair pieces and keep your nails short
• If you are teaching, learning or practicing new moves, do it off to the
side of the dance floor. The dance floor is for dancing!
• If the dance floor is crowded, don't take up excessive space or travel
from area to area, look around and behind you so you don't crash into others.
As with driving, good dancing includes the skill of dancing with everyone on
the dance floor, not just your partner. Air steps (aerials) & lifts are for
competitions and performances not the social dance floor and are banned at the
studio and usually social events. Never lift without permission.
• Do NOT do performance tricks, flips or lifts, this is a no no and can be very dangerous, not just for your partner and you could be removed from the venue.
• Don't drink and dance. Not to much anyway... If you have had too much
to drive, you've had too much to dance.
• Also make sure your breath is sweet and use deodorant. Manage your well being, you'll get more dances
• Don't be the 'teacher' on the dance floor, particularly when it's not asked for. Many people find this very annoying, the dance floor is for dancing! Just enjoy the dance the best you can and thank your partner at the end.
History: Every Thursday we have run a Salsa Dance night for more than a decade, sometimes at Bars such as Loaded Hog, The Base, Twisted Hop, Mexican Cafe, Revival Bar, Topkapi, Corianders, Mashina Lounge, Morrell & Co & Iconic. So join our newsletter to be informed if we have any changes.
Join the Newsletter
Informed of Dance News, Classes & Eventsin Christchurch and Major Salsa events, shows, specials, competitions within New Zealand.