|Take your dancing to a new level & join our Salsa team!
- Learn from the New Zealand Pro Salsa Champions
- Join New Zealand Champions & Australasian Champions Level Salsa Team
|If you are interested in taking your Salsa to the next level and interested in performing or upping your chance in competitions. You can start by joining one of our dance team.
Train with some of the best salsa dancers in New Zealand
to perform or to learn about how to perform and learn a salsa routine which will develop your salsa tremendously! Learn and have the oppertunity to perform and compete in Salsa competitions, Congresses and more.
We are always on the look out for new dance partners male & female. Must be keen to take it a level further into couple competition & and possibly go as far as to train to teach.
You will need to know 'some' salsa, but not essential if you have done form of dance training in the past. Even beginner Salsa dancers have gone through to the audition previously to join Salsa Sabrosa and now we also may have other options to join other teams instead of or as well.
• Become part of a salsa team(s) that is social and fun to be in.
• Get trained to a high standard - you will look great on the social dancer floor and performing.
• Learn the tips and tricks, big moves 'arials' that we don't teach in our normal salsa classes.
• Improve your fitness and confidence.
• Get extra assistance for competitions either in teams or couples.
|About the Auditioning:
• We will be running auditions as we would run a salsa class.
• A combo from a routine will be demonstrated & taught and we may partner you with someone and swap partners. Note that this might be recorded on video for our reference.
• Some of the current Salsa team will also be assisting and participating so you will learn faster.
• Please be aware that you may learn 'performance moves' such as lifts which are for performing and are not used for Salsa social dancing.
• No enrolement needed, just turn up.
We hold these annually so don't miss out! Determination to do well will be noticed. You'll be selected to go in either team depending on your level Salsa Sabrosa & Salsa Nueva. Which are both teams for Salsa Latina.
Part#1 On the first week, 'the first day' this is to get a feel for learning a routine and to get some more information and it is FREE to try on this day, no obligation.
Part#2 On the 2nd week we will be looking at selecting new team members for those that are serious. Participants may be selected on in part#1 or part#2. If you cannot make part#1 for a good reason you can still join in part#2, please contact us about this.
• To take at least one salsa class a week at minimum with Salsa Latina, this is to keep your learning up to date and it is less work for us & yourself when you know the fundamentals inside and out it will make your dancing cleaner & smoother as well.
• 1 hour sessions each week, Plus some practice time is available for the team for Free on Sundays.
• Social dancing. Consider this an important part of your training. We are after good leaders and followers, this is the best way to get experience.
• Listen to salsa music in your own time. It helps with timing & you will gain more appreciation for this fantastic music. It will show in your dancing too!
• Practice in you own time, it makes all the difference - even if its a minute a day! We will also have slots opening for extra practice times once the second studio is open.
• We wont get you to perform until you are ready as we have mini selections before the team performs.
• final requirement - To have fun!
|What does it cost?
• Normal Salsa Class costs at Salsa Latina (concession cards can be used) Once you perform you get a discount. 'conditions apply'
• Travel costs & costumes for those in the team selected to go where ever it maybe.
• Only Part#1 is FREE.
• Team Practice Times: Free (allocated practice slots)
Salsa Latina Dance Centre
12 Bath Street Christchurch City Centre
- see details here >
Salsa Sabrosa (Salsa Latina) Achievements
...see a Full List on the Salsa Sabrosa page here >